Thursday, February 11, 2010

Me!

My name is Christeen. Not to be confused with Christine. I changed my name in order to avoid that mix up. =) It comes in handy. I am a student at Rhode Island College (obviously) and am majoring in education just as all of you are. My content major will be theater once I get accepted into the school of education. *fingers crossed* I have a passion for teaching and will do anything to become an educator. I feel as though theater is an important aspect for elementary schoolers to experience. I direct a theater group at a local elementary school consisting of about eighty kids each year. I really enjoy it, as do the kids. Seeing the growth in these kids theatrically is an amazing thing to witness for me and all my volunteers. I look forward to seeing that same type of development in my students once I become a teacher. God bless all educators and Good luck to my fellow peers on the difficult thankless journey that we've chosen to walk. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christeen,

    The journey is long; the journey is hard; I don't, however, believe that the journey is thankless. I hope you do not find it so.

    Keep me posted,
    Dr. August

    P.S. Although I love purple, please consider changing your font color. It is difficult to read on the blue background. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong. I don't think it is completely thankless. I know the students development and success is thanks enough and I know that. I've always wanted to be a teacher so that I can help. And I hope I do...one day

    ReplyDelete